Wednesday, April 1, 2009

before we were adopted

anne and I,we were in kidergarten

we were three in this, anne crying,me
me ,lynn with santa,mom and dad.
Before we were ever adopted,there are things I remember to well.One being going to Ny Foundling for a check up,the nurse was taking our tempertures and the doctor was in his cubby hole /office and my father asked him about the medical history,the doctor said" we don't have that information",My father knew he was lying.
I can remember going to aunts and uncles,we went to the Bronx alot since nana and aunt alice lived there together,anne was affraid of sandy the dog,she was so sweet,she looked out for us.Anne one time fell asleep laying her head on sandy's tummy and sandy slept with us all night long.
One time nana locked herself out ,we had just come back from church,aunt alice had to get a neighbor climb down the fire escape to open the door,one time I got my hand caught in a door,the lady across the street always gave us m&m's and the candy store was at the end of the block,the wall scared me because on the other side was a cemetery.
Sometimes we'd go to work with dad and take the bus to nana's,i remember that well.Christmas was a big deal for all of us, first nana's,then nana olivers and aunt patty's, aunt sissy's and then aunt gracy and uncle joe,they lived right next door to aunt izzy and all the adults would go into aunt izzy's and the kids be watching tv in aunt gracy's,all the costa cousins and us.Uncle joe was my favorite,he was to funny and called my dad"joey",my dad use to live with them when he was a kid and help out in aunt janies apartment building.
Our aunts and uncles never treated us like "foster kids" or ever made a rude remark,they loved us as their own,we were their family.My Uncle joe would take me and anne to the candy store and give us $2.00 to buy something,sometimes he'd sneak alittle extra.Aunt izzy would give us each a few dollars, same with the rest,we'd save it to but something later.
Christmas was special in our home, anne and I loved the tv show"family affair" with buffy and jody,we related,they were two orphans adopted by their uncle bill.I loved mrs. Beazly,oh I wanted that doll,she was so special to me,I could talk to her and cry and she'd comfort me.So on christmas there was Mrs. Beazly sitting in a doll carriage waiting for us,I loved her to death,i loved her till her arm broke so many times and had to be stiched up,i held her arm in one spot and it was getting old and would break easy,she went ever where with me, to pick nana up from the airport when she'd come back from london,to the store, car trips,where I went she went.She never called me names and she never judged us.I slept with my doll till I gave her up when I was older.

No comments:

Post a Comment