Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My parents

Anne,Me,My mom holding the cake,
aunt alice and my lynn.
Kathy Dahl,Our foster sister,lynn
anne and me.

Thats me sleeping,i still sleep that way,
Anne crying,on the back lawn,hehehe Rubber
Pants over cloth diapers.


My parents were foster parents.They moved to Bay Shore ny in 1963 after their daughter lynn was born.My mom use to work as a telephone operator and my dad worked for JFK airport.
My mother stayed home to raise us.She didn't return back to work till we were old enough and in school.Nana would come in on the train after work to help with all of us,we had to be a handful.
According to my mother,anne and I got into 8 bottles of powder and threw it all over the baby room, she cried her way in vaccuming.I personally don't think we were that bad.
My father worked several jobs to make ends meat and to see we all had what we needed,I needed to wear special shoes with a brace as i had turned in ankles as a baby then at age 3,I needed glasses for life, so as expensive as it was, my dad worked at JFK airport,the local deli and did side jobs with a neighbor fixing pizza ovens,I remember going with him once to the Bronx to fix an oven and stopping by to see Nana oliver on the way home.
Our first birthday in 1968,I do not remember however looking at the picture we were butter balls,anne still didn't have alot of hair and I did.My dad sometimes gave up new work shoes for my sisters and I to have what we needed,my mom stayed up alot of nights with us when we were sick or just needed holding,they love us very much.
Mrs. Danelivich,our case worker would come and visit,as far back as I can remember,she was always dressed nice, she had her hair done well,gold jewlery and smalled like flowers, she became a family friend but we also loved her.One time on halloween she brought us a coloring book and crayons as we were sick with colds.She'd sit and talk to my mother and my parents worried about adoption for yrs,they wanted so badly to adopt us soon.
My aunt patty said "one time your daddy mentioned a woman had been calling the ny Foundling to check on you two for two rys and suddely stopped",that was my Birthmother Gloria.
My parents gave of themselves,they wanted kids and loved kids but were unable to have more, they decided to become foster parents with Ny Foundling however that all changed after baby Robby.
Babby robby came to us just before we started kindergarten,he was the cutest kid you saw, brown hair, just cute.Anne and I would climb into his playpen to play with him or change his cloths,we loved him alot.I remember once albert next door came by to take pictures of him for my mom.He was part of our family, my parents wnated to adopt him as well,they had enough room in their hearts for more but then Ny Foundling took him from us ,My parents were heart broken,the foundling said"they were adopting us and to give robby to someone else".I came home and at the top of the stairs my mom was crying cleaning the baby room out,I asked for robby and she had to explain he had to go,we were all sad for along time.I never not think of him and how he has become a man and where he is at now.This stopped my parents for ever doing fostering again with Ny Foundling.

No comments:

Post a Comment